The UNM Native American Budget & Policy Institute names Carmela Roybal, Ph.D., UNM alumna, as its newest executive director.
New director brings Tribal perspective and extensive research experience to role.
Carmela Roybal, Ph.D., MBGPH, MA, has been hired as the new Executive Director of the UNM Native American Budget and Policy Institute. In her new role, Dr. Roybal will direct and oversee research, budget and policy analysis, policy advocacy, and will continue to promote the Institute as a resource for New Mexico’s 23 Pueblos, Tribes and Nations.
Click the title to read more.
Governance Council Members
- Ingeborg Vicenti, Dulce Public Schools Mental Health Therapist (Jicarilla Apache)
- Patricia Salazar Ives, Esq., Cuddy & McCarthy, LLP - Partner
- Michael Lipsky, PhD. MIT, Former Professor of Political Science; Ford Foundation - former Senior Program Officer
- Tara Gatewood (Isleta/Diné)
- Robert Apodaca, RMA Advisory Group - President